When the certified technicians at Robert Jr’s Tire and Auto perform engine diagnostics checks, they start by transmitting information from your vehicle’s computer to a diagnostic tool. From here, the engine diagnostics service continues with the technician expertly combining the performance data with his/her experience to:
- Properly diagnose why your vehicle’s check-engine light is on
- Develop a recommendation to repair your vehicle
- Show you related symptoms, possible causes, and indicate the degree of urgency with which you need to get your vehicle serviced
- Reset the check engine light
Many critical problems can go unnoticed and are almost impossible for even a certified technician to pinpoint without a professional diagnostic tool. And if your check-engine light is on, engine diagnostic services are the best way to determine exactly why. There are a number of possible reasons for an illuminated and/or flashing check-engine light:
- Regularly scheduled engine maintenance (such as an oil change) may be due
- Sensors or brake system may require reset or adjustment
- Engine, electrical, or vehicle computer performance issues
Your vehicle provides key information in dashboard lights. If the check-engine light is illuminated, you should take your vehicle into service as soon as possible.
However, for optimal vehicle safety and reliability, engine checks should be a part of your annual vehicle maintenance, even if no check-engine light is on or flashing.